Friday, January 14, 2011

Heartbeat

Yesterday was a very exciting day for us Acevedos.

I had my first midwife appointment and loved it. Alex was able to come with me which was really nice. I really enjoyed meeting with the midwife. She was really kind and she shares the same philosophy on pregnancy and childbirth as I do. I might blog later about why I chose to go with a midwife over an OB.

Anyway, the point of this blogpost is to share that we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time! As I shared in my previous post, I had been feeling anxious about the pregnancy. I really haven't experienced many symptoms and I kept wondering if something was wrong. Well, thankfully, everything is checking out fine. The baby's heartbeat was so strong and it was really the most beautiful and relieving sound I've ever heard. I feel so much more at ease now.

So thank you all for the prayers. My next appointment is in four weeks. I can't wait. :-)

6 comments:

Jessica Velez said...

Congratulations!!! Many blessings for you guys on this new adventure :). Oh and by the way, consider yourself LUCKY if you don't have that many symptoms :).

Mailin! said...

How wonderful! =)
Congrats on your new home & new baby!
How exciting.
<3

Megan Barley said...

it is a beautiful heartbeat. i love that little baby already.

Ashley M said...

so excited to hear about your midwife experiences! I'm hoping that through you guys we can change Adam!! yay for hearing the heartbeat, amazing!

Steph & Danny said...

I"m so glad to hear you're relieved my friend. God is in control, and need not worry (easier said than done!).

love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to read you chose a midwife!! They're great.

As you know this is our third and the sound of a heartbeat is surreal. It's amazing!

Praying for you friend!