Monday, January 03, 2011

Greetings from TX!

We successfully drove from Miami to New Orleans and then from New Orleans to Dallas over the weekend. Hoorah! We had fun in New Orleans. We stayed with my dad's cousin and his family. They took us around the city and we were able to eat beignets from Cafe du Monde. Yum! They also showed us you don't have to wait in that ridiculous long line that goes down the block. You just walk right in on the other side and seat yourself. So if you're ever in New Orleans do NOT wait in that line. :-)

I was starting to go crazy in the car. I am just not good at road trips. I can't imagine anything more boring than being stuck in a car for hours on end. Give me an airplane ride instead! But my husband has really been a champ. He has driven the entire time and not complained once. I don't know how he does it. Jaxon has also been behaving himself. Poor little guy. He must be so confused with all the changes happening. I'm sure he'll be happy once we're settled in to our home in Denver. I'm also happy to report that I haven't felt sick this whole car ride! This is huge for me. I usually get car sick very easily and I thought it might be exacerbated with the pregnancy...but I have felt just fine and I am thankful for that.

Anway, we'll be in Dallas with my parents for the next couple of days and plan on driving out to Denver on Wednesday. Thank you to all for prayers and support. We feel so loved and blessed! Hope everyone had a happy new year.

3 comments:

Lauren V. said...

Yay!! I'm so glad the trip is going well and that you're feeling well. I'll be praying it holds up! Enjoy the few days (not weeks?! :) with your parents and can't WAIT to see how the house shapes up in Denver!

Annah said...

Love New Orleans, Love Dallas, And love Miami! :)

glad you had a great time!

Angie said...

What fun. Happy New Year!