Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Greetings from Denver!

We're here!
We've been here for a while now but I haven't had the chance to update the blog seeing as we have no internet at home yet. Currently Alex and I are sitting in Coffee at the Point in the Five Points neighborhood of Denver. It's about a five minute drive from our house. Their vanilla chai latte is excellent (way better than Starbucks) and they have free wifi!

Moving into our home has been an adventure. Right now our washer and dryer are sitting in the dining room because it won't fit through the laundry room door. Also, for the past couple of days we had no running water because our water pipes froze (we got our water back today, yay!). I have also realized that most of my wardrobe is completely inadequate. I should get rid of half of my closet and replace it with warm clothes, very warm.

Despite some of the hardships we've experienced along the way I think we love it here. It's definitely a surreal experience. We're really doing it. After all this time of planning and dreaming, we're living here.

Our house is nowhere near finished yet but it's definitely livable. I have my wonderful husband and amazing parents to thank for that. They've all been a huge help! I'm amazed with how handy Alex is and how tirelessly he works. And when my parents left to go back home on Sunday I was sad to see them go. I can't wait for them to visit again. I'm excited for what the future holds.

So that's just a quick update on what's going on in the life of the Acevedos. We appreciate everyone's love, prayers, and support. I can't thank everyone enough. Here are a few prayer requests to keep in mind over the next few days:


  • Alex needs a job! He has an interview with Apple (the Broomfield store) tomorrow at 3. There have been some complications with the store that's in Denver and it looks like his best option might be to work at the Broomfield store (about half an hour away). Nothing is set in stone, but our income and health insurance are dependent on his job.
  • I guess I should get a job too. ;-) I would really love to get a job at a school. I like kids and I have a lot of experience in that area. But I'll take anything that isn't high-stress. 
  • For our home. I would really like to get everything in order (meaning, I'd really love to get that washer and dryer out of the dining room!) so that we can feel at home and start inviting guests over.
  • Baby Ace. I admit, I've been very anxious for the past couple of weeks. They say once you become a mother you worry for the rest of your life...sheesh! They weren't kidding. But I would really like to give God all my worries and focus on Him instead of what might go wrong. 
Again, thank you for your prayers. We love you all!

Cheers!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your update! And you can invite me over anytime, messy or not! See y'all next week!

Krista said...

Beautiful! God will continue to bless you because your soul is full of goodness and light. Let's work on a plan to find that job you want.

Leslie said...

Thanks for the update. We'll be praying for you guys.

Megan Barley said...

yeahhh for Coffee at the Point....ONE block away from our house!! your home is still beautiful even if a washer and dryer are part of the dining room.

Shannon said...

Welcome! It's not cold like this very often, but even so, the sun comes out 300 days a year and warms everything up. And Denver's thrift stores are nothing short of awesome, so there's some steals to be found there in the way of winter clothes...the best are the 50% off everything Saturdays (once a month) at Goodwill, especially the one just south of downtown on Broadway :)

Blessings on your job search, too! Is the Apple store in Denver the one at Cherry Creek Mall? Also, what kind of work in a school do you want to do? I work at an Autism center, and we are growing, so there are some openings for part time (after school) work, if you'd be interested. It's really hands on...can be stressful but really rewarding.

Well hope you guys ease into life here...it's so great, so ENJOY!

Oh, ps, it's a law here that you can't start your car and leave it running to warm up without you being in it...just so you know, they really have given tickets out for it ;)

Enamarie said...

How exciting! You guys are such a blessing even from Denver, an examaple of a Christ-centered marriage. Keep it up! I will continue to pray for the three of you.
<3

Eli+1 said...

Glad to hear your water is back! and don't worry everything will be in place sooner than you think! and about being anxious about the baby... worrying is part of being a mom but even more is trusting in God that He's got it all under control! I have been praying for you and will continue to do so!! =)