Friday, March 28, 2008
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
I've been slow with the photo thing lately. I had issues with my computer and external hard drive. Luckily, everything has been worked out and my iPhoto is now in proper working order. I'm glad nothing was lost!
Besides that I've been crazy busy with wedding stuff. My sister's is on SATURDAY! It's just days away and I just don't think I'm ready yet. I realized last night as I was drifting off to sleep that I have yet to write my "maid of honor speech." Eep! I'm no good at public speaking, so you can imagine my nervousness. I haven't a clue what to say...but some time between today and Saturday evening I better figure it out.
ANYWAY...all this to say that I finally was able to do a new photo session! This time with Mike and Kelsey. We got to go downtown to the Design District. I was happy about that. Overall, I think I got some good photos in. So I have posted one to share on here and soon I will post more at Glowing Light.
And you'll be happy to know that Alex is working on a web site! [Yay!] So hopefully in the very near future we'll have a proper Glowing Light Studios web site and everyone can view our work.
Keep your fingers crossed.
Posted by Kristel at 12:20 PM
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
I have mailed out my bridal shower invitations! *phew* Hopefully you should be receiving your's within the next few days. I had to limit my invites because the restaurant only fits 50 people. I invited 55, haha...so we'll see what happens. Please remember to RSVP Carmen Rodriguez as it indicates on the invitation! (She's my aunt)
My next major project will be the wedding invitations...I'll be calling those of you who so graciously volunteered in my last blog for help!
And if you're wondering, my sister's bachelorette party in NYC this past weekend was great! I just love that city. The best part was the shopping...definitely.
Posted by Kristel at 1:25 PM
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
I'm starting to feel the pressure.
The wedding is only two and a half months away and I feel like there so still SO much that needs to get done. I'm a slacker. I finally got my bridal shower invites printed out...now I must mail them. Hopefully they'll go out by the end of the week and I can concentrate on other things that need to get done. Change the center pieces, look for a veil, make the favors, make sure Alex sets up his tux fitting, talk to the DJ, talk to the band, call the dress place... Ugh. Anyone out there want to be my assistant??? Wedding planning is just not my thing.
My sister's wedding is only 18 days away! That's ludicrous! I still don't have shoes! (Danibel, if you're reading this, DON'T freak out...I WILL have shoes for your wedding) This weekend is the bachelorette party. We're going all the way to NYC...because that's how my sister parties. I'm really excited because New York is one of my all-time favorite places to visit and we have a lot of fun things planned. Plus, I get to shop at H&M again. :-)
Unfortunately I'll be missing this event...
However I hope you all can make it and support the band. I'm telling you, they're a talented bunch.
Posted by Kristel at 4:36 PM
Friday, March 07, 2008
Thursday, March 06, 2008
- My grandma is a packrat. But a very organized packrat. Nothing is cluttered or out of place.
- My uncle is scarily similar to my dad...in looks and mannerisms.
- AC is a wonderful invention.
- My grandmother has a beautiful soul...despite all these grim circumstances.
- My grandma wants to buy a very elegant dress to wear to my wedding.
- My grandma probably won't make it to my wedding...
- My dad is a courageous and loving son.
- You can drive the wrong way down a one way street and live to tell about it.
- My grandpa, despite being in his 80s and a bit hard of hearing, can drive a stick shift down the mean streets of Managua with ease.
- My grandpa has the kind of love for my grandma that I hope my husband has for me when we've been married for 57 years. It's amazing and inspiring.
- Nothing beats gallo pinto for breakfast.
- He doesn't want to live without her.
- My grandparents have been all over the world together; England, Spain, Israel, Brazil, etc; and now they're ready for their final trip to be with our Lord in Heaven.
Posted by Kristel at 8:01 PM
Saturday, March 01, 2008
I'm leaving tomorrow morning to Nicaragua. My dad is already there, so I'll be making the trip by myself. I'm nervous. I mean, I've flown by myself several times before...that's not why I'm nervous.
I'm nervous to find what's waiting for me on the other side.
The good news is, I hear my grandma is in good spirits...she always is. : )
So anyway, I won't be taking my computer with me. I'll probably be hard to get a hold of. Please remember to send a little prayer up to God for me and my family...and for my dear grandmother.
And I'll see you when I get back...
Posted by Kristel at 9:21 PM