Thursday, January 01, 2009

Christmas in Miami

I am extremely grateful that we were able to go home for Christmas. Although we did not get to see everyone we wanted to see, we did have an incredible time. There was not a moment of boredom throughout the whole trip. 

We arrived in Miami on Christmas Eve. After running a few errands and getting cleaned up we headed to my sister's house for the festivities. The food was delicious as usual! [Her father-in-law is one amazing chef! And I think her husband takes after him.] Danibel made some yummy lobster mac and cheese that I'll have to try to make...some day. The head-less pork was good too. :-)


Christmas day was spent at the Lopez residence. As usual we had MANY visitors. We ate, talked, exchanged gifts, and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Nothing like a 75 degree Christmas.




Friday night Alex and I had dinner at the Soucy home. Brigitte made amazing Samurai-type food. After dinner and conversation we rocked out with Guitar Hero World Tour. [I need this game in my life] I loved it. We also tried out Rey's Wii Fit since he was out of town and they were baby-sitting it for him. Alex really wants one now. I think he should just go run around the block a few times. ;-)




Saturday my mom organized a Women Day with some of her friends. I tagged along as their personal photographer. We took a walk around the lake, had lunch, and talked...a lot. Well, they talked...I listened. It was cute. Alex kept bust by going around town and visiting friends. 





That night we had dinner with my biffles. ;-) The Amadors, Vazquezs, and Acevedos all gathered for a delicious dinner prepared by Tati. Then we had a mini photo shoot, of course. After that Lia introduced us to 'Polish Uno.' It was then that I realized the difference between playing a game in Miami with these crazy hispanics and playing a game in Wake Forest with our well mannered friends. ;-) I loved it. There was screaming, tears, laughter, blood, and more laughter. I won...twice. Ha. [I also lost twice, but hey, that's a 50% success rate]
We tried out the new Abbott's Frozen Custard place on 120th Street. Goodberry's is better.





The next morning we woke up way too early to have breakfast with Alex's mom, aunt, and cousin before driving Alex to the airport. It's the first time we've been apart since we got married! So while Alex headed back to NC, I spent the rest of my days in Miami watching movies with the girls and shopping with my mom and sister. 

Again, I am so grateful for this vacation. It was great to be back in the Florida sun with all my lovelies. We hope you all are blessed in 2009. See you soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaawww....very well said. miss you already. i'll have to make a trip to NC to get my kristel and alex fix. but once it warms up, of course. ;0)

danibel

Brigitte said...

=) Glad you had such a great vacation! Hope you have a safe and happy new year! See ya when you come down again!

mynameiscoia said...

hey girl,
glad to see that miami treated you well.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the few days together also. Can't wait to see you again.