Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Aggravated!

I came home from work today ready to do some things I've been wanting to get done. I wanted to wrap Christmas presents, burn a couple photo CD's for Kat and Lenny (from their BEAUTIFUL engagement party), download photos I took of Tati and Raul yesterday and work on them a little...

I have done nothing! I have spent the last few hours just trying to get Tati and Raul's photos from my camera to my iPhoto library. Why? Because I have NO space on my computer. I managed to get most of the photos on there, but still have a few to go. 

I decided to give up on that for a while and concentrate on burning the CD's for Kat and Lenny. No can do! There isn't enough space on my hard drive to do that! This was my moment to begin freaking out. 

Lucky for me, Alex called me at that exact moment and he helped me create some space on my computer. So I am now finally burning the CD's. 

But STILL! I feel like I've wasted a whole afternoon on something that shouldn't have taken me more than a few minutes to accomplish. Needless to say, I'm a bit aggravated right now. More so because I know the problem is only temporarily fixed. I need some more space on my hard drive! Or maybe a new computer??? Maybe I should write a letter to Santa...


8 comments:

Anne Marie said...

or an external for your pics? good luck :)

Big Sister said...

yes, an external. My mom just bought one for my dad as a gift - 500G about $150. They even have a 1TG (yes 1,000GB!) That was about $270. Or once you've burned them to CD, delete them off your computer! Make sure you Empty Trash - if using iphoto, or they'll hang around forever. Would love to see the pics of Tati & Raul.

Big Sister said...

opps - 500GB can hold about 45,000 photos - more or less depending on your camera's mp. one box said 366,000 pictures...

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have an external. I have all my iTunes library on it and ALL my pictures (with the exception of the ones from 2007). Yes, from just one year's worth of photos my computer is FULL.
Crazy.
I'll have to start backing up my photos from 2007 on the external as well. I can't imagine burning ALL my photos on CD! I feel like there would be SO many!

We'll see how it goes...

Robbie said...

Get Aperture yo...it archives the originals and doesn't save each new photo as an original and it has a much better work flow.....but yes to use aperture a new computer would be mandatory....so write santa is what i say....

Sarah said...

scary. I know the feeling. The non-productivity. The need for infinite GBs... actually, yeah a TG is the answer to all our prayers.. Be very specific on your letter to Santa, he still uses floppys.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Robbie - Yes! I was looking at Aperture on the Apple web site. I'm in love. Alex and I are looking to get a new iMac when we get married and he said we could get Aperture for it. Whoop!

Sarah - So nice to hear from you! I see you're blogging. I'll be visiting often. :-)

Anonymous said...

hi, it is your mom, from Dallas. Writing on a cold grey day. I'm sure the gala is going to be perfect! I was checking the great pictures. wow! glowing light is a hit.