Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Week of Hope


Hope for RDU is the community ministry of the Summit Church and is based on the life-changing gospel of Jesus Christ. Our desire is to serve our neighbors as an outward expression of the grace and humility we have received by being a part of the body of Christ.

That's pretty much it in a nut shell. :-) Every year, through this wonderful ministry, my church sponsors the Week of Hope. There are community service projects happening all over the RDU area (that's Raleigh-Durham if you're not in the know) that will hopefully make a big impact for our city. 

My small group specifically has organized a cook-out for a housing development in our little neck of the woods (Wake Forest). On Saturday we will have free food, games, cookie decorating, face painting, and music for the families in this housing development and I am praying that it will be a blessing for them. Leslie, Shannon, and I passed out flyers yesterday to spread the word, so we will see what kind of response we get! I'm really excited for the ministry opportunities that this will open up. 
My job for the cook out is face painting...eek! I've never done that before but it can't be THAT hard, right??? 
[I'll be looking up tutorials on-line]

Take some time to pray for our group to be bold and loving...and pray for these families that they will be open to the gospel...and pray that we don't run out of hot dogs. :-)

No comments: