Monday, June 08, 2009

Advance09


If you follow me on twitter you know that this past weekend I was at the Advance09 conference. What can I say about this amazing conference??? It was mind-blowing. I was definitely convicted and challenged. All the information I heard was almost too much for me to handle, but I am sure glad I heard it all. I'll probably go back and listen to some of the messages again to really get the most out of them that I can. 
Basically the whole conference centered around this idea of advancing the church. The different speakers (John Piper, Matt Chandler, Mark Driscoll, Ed Stetzer, JD Greear, Eric Mason, Bryan Chapell, Danny Akin, and Tyler Jones) talked about what the church is and how to be better leaders. The main message that I got out of it is that we have to remain gospel-centered. We need to repent of our idols and focus on Jesus Christ. 
By far the most slap-in-the-face message came from Driscoll's second talk entitled "Ministry Idolatry." Wow. You need to listen to this message...and all the other ones from the conference. They are available right here for your listening pleasure. 

No comments: