Monday, May 12, 2008

Twenty-Three

In the midst of all this wedding craziness I almost forgot about my birthday...almost.
In six days I'll be 23 years old! I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it. 
After all, I think getting married is pretty much the best birthday present ever. But a friend reminded me that I shouldn't let this occasion go by with a little celebration. So I'm having a small gathering of friends at Samurai on Friday...my favorite restaurant! I love the hibachi steak, the fried rice, the amazing shrimp sauce! I can't wait. 
And on Sunday Alex is taking me to Joe's Stone Crab. I've never eaten there before...but I hear good things! My sister and her new husband will be joining us. I'm really looking forward to it. 

By the way, if you're feeling generous, I really *love* Urban Outfitters gift cards. ;-)
Or just plain Hallmark cards. Those are great. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friend is right. Celebrate your bday!...you only turn 23 once...Wow, I can't believe you're 23. Life is going by too fast.

Anonymous said...

well I hate to say this but Im too broke to get both a birthday and a wedding present. sorry. maybe Ill find something you'll like, one of those comics I got at free comic book day or something.
if you ike I wouldnt mind joining you on samurai but I might not eat anything or maybe something small.

francisco

Merari said...

You're right. I can't compete with the gift of a husband...

... but I can give you the gift of hating! it's not as great as an Alex, but at least it's a fun past-time.

Anonymous said...

done. ;)

Brigitte said...

Yay! Have a great time for your b-day!
Totally understand, though... my wedding is the week of my 21 b-day. No party for me.

Merari said...

Happy birthday!!!

(thats right... even your blog gets some happy wishes from me)

Anonymous said...

wow..today was ur bday..im sorry..i said hi to u and everything. i TOTALLY forgot! im sorry. i hope u had a great day. love ya

Anne Marie said...

kristel! hope you liked your bday, friend. what's new in your corner?