Monday, November 15, 2010

Vision Day


Yesterday we had our Soma Church Vision Day. I was happily surprised with the amount of people who showed up to hear all about the Summit's newest church plant. It was such an encouraging time for me personally. It's easy for me to get caught up in all the annoying little details of moving. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with how expensive it is and how far away I'll be from my family and friends. I start feeling sad or angry and I forget why we're doing this.
But yesterday was such a great reminder. We're called to this city...we're called to plant a gospel-centered church...we're called to live on mission. And all the little inconveniences we experience along the way are hardly worth mentioning. I feel energized. I feel grateful. And I'm so thankful for the reminder of the vision of Soma Church. And I'm thankful for our leaders, Bryan and Andy. And I'm thankful for all who showed up yesterday and prayed for us. It's so humbling.

1 comment:

Chanti said...

Sick.
Praying for you guys. Praying for huge opportunity and endless possibilities.

Can't wait to hear how God uses you both.