Anyway, here are the nuggets:
- Romance is not a cause, it's a result.
- Biblical View of Marriage: A flawed person and a flawed person in a fallen world but with a faithful God.
- Worship is first your identity before it's ever your activity.
- Your words and behavior are more formed by what is inside of you than outside. The heart is the causal core of your personhood. (Luke 6:43-45)
- The DNA of sin is selfishness. Sin will cause me to dehumanize the people in my life. True righteousness begins when you quit living for yourself.
- The person you are married to is a broken person and will not fulfill you, only God can do that.
- There is no such things as love that doesn't require sacrifice. The call to love is to love even when the person hasn't deserved that love.
- True love is born out of gratitude, not duty.
- God is after something deeper than temporary personal happiness, He's after holiness.
There's really so much more that we learned this weekend. The conference was such a great reminder to what marriage is really all about and it also demonstrated how marriage is really a ministry. I loved it. Check out Paul Tripp's website and if you ever get the chance to attend this conference, please do!