Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Alphonse Mucha








I have always seen these paintings around different places and admired them, but never knew who the artist was. I've never taken any kind of art history class and didn't know who to ask about these magnificent paintings.
Well, thank God for the internet! I was going down the list of new blog posts in my Google Reader and someone had posted about this artist!
His name is Alphonse Mucha. Apparently his style was called Art Nouveau. I can't say I am very educated in the art world or art history, but I just love these paintings. They really catch my attention and I would looove to have one of these beautiful pieces hanging on my wall some day.

If any of you know more about this artist please feel free to educate me. :-)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

all I know about these paintings is a friend of mine went to Prague and fell in love with them. A cool idea you may want to use for decorations is screen them on to pillows (throw) and use gromets with ribbon. I made several for her one christmas. I liked it .....just and idea.

Hope all is well and take lots of pics this weekend. I want to know how your trip to denver goes.