Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine Weekend

Alex and I celebrated Valentine's Day all weekend. It was fantastic. It all started with a delicious dinner at 42nd Street Oyster Bar.
Oh. My. Goodness.
It was really SO good. My husband definitely knows what I like.


We also made cute little presents for each other.

(I made him a little notebook filled with ten reasons why I love him...I also got him a book all about logo design)
(he photoshopped these pictures of us with lyrics from love songs and hid them around the apartment for me to find)
(he also got me this cute owl necklace...and a reusable grocery bag with an owl on it that says 'owl love you forever,' he really really knows what I like)

While we were at the restaurant it started snowing! It was pretty. By the time we got home it was really coming down.

On Saturday we woke up to a winter wonderland. We went out to Falls Lake to enjoy the beauty of the snow. We saw some crazy people kayaking in the frigid weather! We took a walk and got lost...but thankfully we found our way.


(isn't he handsome?!)


Sunday we got up bright and early to attend church at the Summit's West Club campus. Their regular band was out on a retreat, so the Summit en EspaƱol band was asked to fill in. Alex played guitar for them. I loved it. They obviously had a very Latin sound and they got the congregation movin'.

They treated us to Cheesecake Factory afterwards. I love that place! I hadn't eaten there since we moved to Raleigh.

That night we had a Denver2011 dinner at Drew & Andy's place. They cooked up some mouth-watering venison. We ate, conversed, laughed, and heard from Bryan about the vision for our church plant. We had plenty of guests with us, checking out what we're all about and praying for us. It was fun getting to know new people.



Well, that's it in a nut shell. I hope everyone had a love-filled weekend!








3 comments:

Cokey said...

aww I love the pictures! :) I'm glad you guys had a good Valentines Day!

Amanda said...

very creative with the gift ideas! :) love the photos as well.

Lauren said...

You guys are so cute! I love it :) Can't wait to see you soon.