Sunday, September 16, 2007

across the universe

On Friday night I went to the movies to watch "Across The Universe."

I am a huge Beatles fan and I was excited to see a movie full of the songs I love most. Especially after the awful day I'd had.

Well, it seems to me that they decided to make a Beatles musical just for the sake of listening to some good tunes.
The actual plot was kind of dumb and pointless. They introduced characters with no real purpose except they had prominent names, like Prudence. Oh and yes, the main character's name was Jude and the girl he falls in love with is Lucy.

After a while the movie started getting really trippy. Bono with an American accent had to take the cake. When they reached the grassy field with the random circus in the middle I decided that I loved the movie! No, it didn't make any sense, but it was amazing. They made a fan out of me. What can I say? I love the Beatles.

In all seriousness, their version of "Let it Be" was really great. I'm pretty sure Alex shed a tear or two.
:-)




P.S. I wrote this post from an iPhone! Woo! It took WAY too long...

No comments: