Monday, July 16, 2007

Glowing Light Studios!


I took my very first photography class when I was about 14 years old. I loved it...but I dropped it (I was very much a quitter back in the day...I won't even BEGIN to list all the activities I've quit over the years...it's long).
Last year I decided to go ahead and take a B/W photo class at FIU. I had a blast! I loved shooting with my dad's old Olympus and developing my own film and printing my own prints!... It was great.
Since then I have been shooting different things here and there. I really love portraits...but I'll take a photo of anything that inspires me.

So one day I was just sitting around and I said to myself, "Self, you should try and start your own photography business." I booked my first gig (alright...so it was for my sister...it still counts!), bought a sweet new camera, and partnered up with a really hot guy. ;-)

Alex and I have started Glowing Light Studios. It's small...and I'm really not sure of the direction of this whole thing...but it's something fun and creative that we can do together. And hopefully we'll make a little extra cash on the side. I want to take portraits for anyone that might need them (engagement, wedding, graduation, band, etc)...and maybe sell a few prints. Alex's role is 'graphic designer.' He does it all. :-) He's very talented.

We bought a domain (www.glowinglightstudios.com) but have yet to actually build a web site...I'll keep you posted.
In the mean time, you can check us out on myspace. Add us as a friend and help spread the word!

I'm really excited. I don't know what's going to come out of it...but it's all in God's hands. I hope you guys like the photos. I only have a few posted up. I have some more on my deviant account. And Alex has some of his work posted up on his website.

Again, feedback is always welcome! (but be nice)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Cool picture...makes me think you are watching me, like i did something wrong.

I cannot comment on your other page the deviant art page. How?

Anonymous said...

I think you have to be a deviant member in order to comment...you could create an account if you really wanted to. :-)

Anonymous said...

I actually took up B/W photography myself - many, many years ago. Like you, I once learned how to develop my own pics manually. I spent many a night in the red room... it's addicting isn't it?? Photography is such an expensive hobby though, but some people are lucky to make money out of their hobbies.
I hope you do too.. Pray that I'd have a baby soon and I'll get you for our baby's first official pictures! :O)

Anonymous said...

that anonymous above is actually me.. Jescel :o)